- A Bakers Dozen +1 Songs with 'Hot' In The Title As we plow through the hottest day of the year (so far), it's only appropriate to check out these 14 hits with 'hot' in the title. All hits that smoked up and down the charts. And keep in mind, we should hit 112 tomorrow too! Stay...
- Duran Duran Are Suing Their Own Fan Club Duran Duran is taking their own Chicago-based fan club to court.
- Whitney Houston's Mom Slams Lifetime Biopic: 'Please Let Her Rest' After attempts to stop production, Houston's mother Cissy Houston is calling out Lifetime in a statement about the upcoming made-for-TV-movie.
- Weird Al's 'Mandatory Fun' is His First No. 1 Album Weird Al Yankovic has scored a triumph with his new album, which is his first to hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200, as revealed today (July 23).
- U2 Might Still Release New Album In 2014 Through all the confusion, U2 has officially remained committed to releasing the LP this year, despite reports that he was not satisfied with the work. Now, thinking has again shifted, with the band feeling confident about their new material and...
- Today In Pop Music: July 23 - Paul McCartney Makes The Biggest Mistake Of His Life JULY 23 BIRTHDAYS 1945 - Dino Danelli - (The Rascals/drums) 1947 - David Essex ("Rock On") 1947 - Tony Joe White (singer/songwriter - "Polk Salad Annie") 1950 - Blair Thorton (Bachman-Turner Overdrive/guitar) 1952 - Janis siegal (The...
- Today In Pop Music; July 22 - Bobby Sherman Is 73 Today - See A Recent Picture JULY 22 BIRTHDAYS 1941 -George Clinton (Parliment/Funkadelic - "One Nation Under A Groove") 1944 - Estelle Bennett (The Ronettes - died 2009) 1944 - Ric Davis (Supertramp/vocals-keyboards) 1947 - Don Henley (Eagles/drums) ON THIS...
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress' Gershwin Prize Billy Joel's fans have always thought of the pianist, singer-songwriter as an expert storyteller but now that title is official.
- Why Do Beatles Fans Care So Much About Mono? Apple Records recently announced the September release of the Beatles' mono catalog reissued on vinyl. Welcome news for a relatively small, but passionate subsection of the Fab Four's fanbase. But, seriously, what's all the fuss about mono?
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed By Beetles Now this, Alanis Morissette, is truly ironic.
- Gene Simmons Defends the 1 Percent, Claims Half of Americans Pay No Taxes: 'Try Being Nice to Rich People' In an interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune, Simmons defended his one percent-er status, saying that without his ilk, "there would be chaos."
- Watch Eddie Vedder's Poignant Cover of John Lennon's 'Imagine' Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder just wants peace.