Sugar is dumped in foods where you would least expect it.
Just to put that in perspective, there’s about 13 grams of sugar in a chocolate glazed donut.
Here are a few “healthy” foods that have MORE than that 13 grams of sugar in them.
* Fruit-flavored yogurt. One serving has 26 grams of sugar. That’s about as much as you get in TWO donuts.
* Energy Bars. If you have the kind with chocolate chips in them, you’re having 23 grams of sugar.
* Orange Juice. One cup of OJ has about 20 grams of sugar in it.
* Applesauce. A typical serving has 16 grams of sugar.
* Tomato soup. Your average serving has 15 grams of sugar.
* Dried cranberries. One packet of Craisens has 34 grams of sugar. WOW!
* Starbucks Grande Latte. You probably don’t think of a PLAIN latte as that bad for you, but it has 17 grams of sugar in it.