Feeling KOOL – S.W.A.K.

Kissing under the mistletoe is a holiday tradition. Eating it is not, because mistletoe has a reputation as being poisonous.
Yet many of us know someone who ate a berry or two as a kid and lived to tell the tale, sooooo,  just HOW toxic is mistletoe?

The answer is: it depends!
Unlike the holiday poinsettia, which has a bad reputation yet probably won’t do more than make you feel sick if you eat it, mistletoe ingestion warrants a call to Poison Control and immediate medical attention.

Feeling KOOL is brought to you by Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital.

More from KOOL Mornings
Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live