Pumpkin! It’s good for you!
Pumpkins are a Halloween staple…but they are good for more than jack-O-Lanterns.
* Pumpkins are packed with fiber, which aids in digestion.
* Pumpkins are full of minerals, including magnesium, zinc, iron and potassium, which helps prevent your muscles from cramming after working out.
* Pumpkins make you smile. They contain tryptophan, which helps your body produce serotonin, a natural mood-booster.
* Pumpkins seeds are a nutritional powerhouse. Pumpkin seeds lower your bad cholesterol.
* Pumpkin have anti-inflammatory properties, which means they reduce your risk of disease and cancer.
Feeling KOOL is brought to you by Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital.