It is a challenge to find foods to eat when you are watching your “diet”. This is difficult because you have to train yourself to get OUT of the bad HABITS you have always been in. You go to fast food because it’s fast, and easy. You cook the same foods because this is what you know. Challenge yourself. Google search some recipes. Find the foods your like and find recipes you can use to prepare this new food in different ways. I love shrimp. I don’t really know too many recipes on what to do with them. So I found one, made it, and it was THE BEST! I wanted to share it with you. It’s from a site called addapinch.com
. I love cooking. I love making something that everyone enjoys eating. And, it’s good for you! Remember your portion sizes and make sure you get in that exercise! Let me know how this one works out for you!
Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
by: Robyn Stone
- 2 pounds boiled or steamed shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- For the Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add shrimp, avocado, and onion to a large bowl.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until well-combined.
- Add dressing to shrimp avocado salad until it has the amount you desire. Serve additional dressing on the side.
I am drooling just reading this!