A rumor started circulating over the weekend that The Rolling Stones will co-headline the Coachella Music Festival in 2013 after a fan saw a Coachella date on the band’s official app.
Though the fan tweeted a screengrab, the date was quickly taken down from the app.
The Rolling Stones are playing Coachella 2013 according to their official iPhone app. Proof: http://t.co/51xYrX7W—
Justin Luey (@JustinLuey) December 14, 2012
While Coachella is predominantly marketed towards a younger audience (in their twenties and thirties), occasionally a legendary artist is booked: Paul McCartney, Prince, Sly & The Family Stone and Roger Waters have played the festival in recent years.
Earlier this year, Kenney Jones told CBS Local that he’d heard the Stones will play England’s Knebworth Festival in 2013, and if that’s true, it makes sense that they would play a U.S. festival as well.
(Ron Wood and Kenney Jones performing at The Faces’ induction into The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame/photo credit: Michael Loccisano, Getty Images)
When discussing The Faces’ future plans with CBS Local, Jones said that the group had to schedule around Wood’s plans: “It’s the Rolling Stones’ 50th anniversary. We wanted to do something last year, but because of Mick and Keith working out their differences (we had to wait). They might be doing something at the end of this year. I just heard they’re doing the last thing they’ll ever play, probably at Knebworth next year.”
As of now, the Stones have no future tour dates announced.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local