50 years Of James Bond – The 5 Best Songs
The first James Bond film Dr. No – produced at a total cost of just over one million dollars – premiered 50 years ago this month, and through those years one thing has remained constant: a theme song to begin the movie. Many of them have become hits on their own. Your list will most likely differ from mine, but in my own humble opinion, here are the five best.
5. A View To A Kill – Duran Duran (A View To A Kill – 1985) – great 80′s pop
4. The Man With The Golden Gun – Lulu (The Man With The Golden Gun- 1974) – not Shirley Bassey over the top, but a great performance
3. Thunderball – Tom Jones (Thunderball – 1965) – over the top performance and a killer last note – literally
2. Skyfall – Adele (Skyfall – 2012) – great song and performance
1. Goldfinger – Shirley Bassey (Goldfinger – 1964) – the song and performance that defined the Bond series