LONELY? These Movies Should Brighten Your Day!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Sometimes its just one of those days where you want to curl up on the couch with grandma’s afghan, some popcorn and a great movie.
Here’s your list of great movies for just the occasion.
10. The Holiday: Not only do women love this movie, but men think it’s adorable, too! Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet’s bad luck with guys is easily relatable, as well as their chemistry with their new neighbors.
8. Finding Nemo: Even if you’re not a cartoon fan (which I’m not), this flick is sure to make you smile. Yes, it’s about a fish. However, it’s more about family, trust and friendship. Plus, the sharks are HILARIOUS.
7. Tootsie: It may have been 30 years ago, but Dustin Hoffman dressed as a woman is still hilarious. Complimented by Jessica Lange, Geena Davis and Bill Murray, the film will absolutely make you laugh. Its touching qualities also earned it 10 Academy Award noms and a 4-star rating from Roger Ebert.
6. Top Gun: Whether you love Tom Cruise or hate him, this film will remind you of a simpler time. Not only is he young and extremely handsome, but he’s romantic and quite the man in this role. You’ll love to hate Cruise as a cocky US Naval Aviator in training who thinks he’s better than everyone else… and kind of is.
5. Elf: The holidays are a cheery time, so automatically your spirit will be uplifted with this film. But, seeing a grown Will Ferrell in an elf costume who screams “I KNOW HIM!” when people refer to Santa? If that doesn’t cheer you up, I’m not sure what will. Plus, Zooey Deschanel’s version of “Baby It’s Cold Outside” is almost as adorable as she is!
4. Field of Dreams: With an awesome cast and an amazing story line, this baseball movie will not only make the athlete in you smile, but it will also make dreamers feel hopeful. We promise you warm fuzzy feelings, courtesy of Kevin Costner and James Earl Jones.
3. The Lion King: If you don’t like The Lion King… well, that’s impossible. Watching this story of love, family, friendship and a talking Timon and Pumba mixed with awesome sing-a-long songs that you know every line to is sure to brighten your mood. Also, who doesn’t want to see cute little lions grow into big lovable lions?! I just want to hug them!
2. You’ve Got Mail: Okay, so it’s a love story. But the chemistry between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan is just heartwarming. This romantic comedy makes you remember what a love-hate relationship is like, how slow AOL email was, and how adorable a man and his dog are!
Here’s to a brighter, happier you!