This 4th of July, serve up some patriotic cocktails. FUN!
Toast your country all year long with this red-and-blue beverage, one of many signature drinks featuring the vodka-based liquor HPNOTIQ.
To make this festive cocktail, follow these simple steps.
1. Puree thawed frozen strawberries.
2. Blend 2 tablespoons each of the strawberry puree, dark rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice, fresh lime juice, and ½ cup crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour 2 to 4 tablespoons HPNOTIQ into a glass, and top with 2 to 4 tablespoons of the strawberry mixture.
- 1 ounce watermelon schnapps
- 1 big splash cranberry juice
- 1 very thin slice jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice lime
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Watermelon wedge, for garnish (optional)
Mix the schnapps and cranberry juice in a shaker; pour into an ice-filled glass.
Muddle the jalapeno pepper, lemon and lime slices, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup (to make a batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill) in the shaker. Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer. Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
Could be KID FRIENDLY! Mix cranberry juice and vodka, or pomegranate juice and seltzer will do. For the blue rimmed touch, dampen the glass with lemon juice then dip the rim of the cup into a tray of Pop Rocks (Tropical Punch).
- Strawberry daiquiri: 1oz Tropics Strawberry Daiquiri mix, 3/4oz Bacardi Dragonberry, ice – blend
- Pina colada: 1oz Tropics Pina Colada mix, 3/4oz Bacardi Rock Coconut, ice – blend
- Blue frozen Margarita: 1oz Tropics Margarita mix, 1oz Blue Curacao, 3/4oz Camarena Tequila, ice – blend
Method: layer each mixture in an 18 oz. tumbler and enjoy!