Got Plans In June? Maybe not!
Your calendar MAY appear booked this June. But, according to Facebook, you just MIGHT have some free time! Their engineers (they have engineers?) have looked at two years worth of user data and found that something MAJOR may happen in your life on a Friday this June…
They analyzed relationship status changes from 2010 and 2011, to figure out which days had the most people switching from “single” to “in a relationship”, and from “married” or “in a relationship” to “divorced” or “single.” Here are their six big findings:
- Fridays and Saturdays are the days with the most break-ups. Mondays have the most new relationships starting.
- Break-ups are most likely to happen in the summer. June has the most, July has the second-most, and August has the third-most.
- New relationships are most likely to start in the winter. February has the most new relationships, December has the second-most, and January has the third-most.
- Valentine’s Day has the most new relationships. There are 49% more new relationships on Valentine’s Day than break-ups.
- The next four dates with the highest ratio of new relationships are Christmas, Christmas Eve, the day after Valentine’s Day . . . and April Fools’ Day.
- A lot of those new April Fools’ Day relationship changes are jokes, though. April 2nd has THE highest ratio of any date for people changing from “in a relationship” to “single.”
Do you “like” 94.5 KOOL-FM on Facebook? CLICK HERE!