The Best Super Bowl Ads
Maria & I agreed that this years Super Bowl ads were ok, but not a great as in past years.
My favorite spot was the Dorito’s commercial where the dog is caught burring the cat’s tags. Maria’s was the M&M spot where the male M&M comes in late and rips off his candy shell! What was yours?
- Ferris Bueller Back for Honda. Matthew Broderick returned in character with nods to his ’80s classic.
- Volkswagen’s Dog Strikes Back. A perky puppy challenged Darth Vader.
- Brown M&M. A brown female M&M clarified that she’s not naked.
- Hyundai Goes Rocky. Office Space met and Glee as employees did the theme to Rocky.
- TaxACT’s Kid in a Pool. A kid peed in a pool to illustrate feeling free.
- Camaro Graduation Gift. A recent grad is ultimately disappointed that he doesn’t have a new ride.
- Vintage Cartoons. Met Life brought us characters from Peanuts, Thundercats, Scooby-Doo and other classic toons.
- Clint Eastwood Motivates Us. During halftime, Clint Eastwood got serious about tough times and coming together for Chrysler.
- GoDaddy Gets Sexy. Race-car driver Danica Patrick, and fitness guru Jillian Michaels, body painted a nude woman.
- Pepsi Star Power. Pepsi gave us Elton John, with X Factor winner Melanie Amaro and Flava Flav. Pepsi Max gave us Regis Philbin, proclaiming, “I’m back.”
- Jerry’s Back. Seinfeld pitched for Acura with the “Soup Nazi,” and fellow car-collector Jay Leno.
- Double Model Duty. Victoria Secret’s model Adriana Lima did commercials for both the online florist Teleflora and carmaker Kia.
- Toyota Goes Gay. The Toyota Camry gave us possibly the first gay friendly Super Bowl ad. An awkward guy was happy to find shirtless hunks in his living room.
- Audi Fights Vampires. Vampires rose in a nod to Twilight, and got blasted to dust in the glow of Audi headlights.
Here’s a link to all of the spots on USA Today’s ad poll…