Last Night’s American Idol Auditions
January 26, 2012 4:22 AM
Last night’s American Idol took host Ryan Seacrest and judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler to the mountains of Colorado.
- Bi-Polar Shelby Tweten, from Minnesota, impressed with her inspiring tale, and Carrie Underwood‘s “Temporary Home.” J-Lo liked Shelby’s raspy voice.
- Jenni Schick loved Steven Tyler, and kissed him on the lips in making it through with “Heartbreaker” by Pat Benatar.
- 18-year-old Haley Smith, who lives in a log cabin, did an earthy take on Rufus and Chaka Khan‘s “Tell Me Something Good.” Steven Tyler dug her hippie vibe, saying, “You’re right out of my era.”
- Waitress Angie Zeiderman brought her Lady Gaga-vibe, sporting a skimpy outfit, purple hair and pearls as she did a cabaret-style performance of “When You’ve Got It, Flaunt It” from The Producers, followed by Roy Orbison‘s “Blue Bayou.”
- Jairon Jackson wowed the judges with the original song “So Hard.”
- Curtis Grey, from Florida, impressed with his version of Boyz II Men‘s “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday.”
- Long-haired Magic Cyclops looked homeless, and had confetti cannon with his metal-growling mix-up of Neil Diamond‘s “Cracklin’ Rosie” and Jimmy Buffett‘s “Margaritaville.”
- Telena Hedgespeth, who brought her twin sister, prompted J-Lo to whisper to Steven, “If you ask her for another song, I’m gonna kill you.”
- Alanna Snare destroyed Dolly Parton‘s “Jolene”