The holidays aren’t complete without viewing some of the valley’s holiday lights celebrations.
Arizona Celebration of Lights:
Saturday, November 19 through Sunday, January 1, 2012. Includes more than 7,000,000 lights and 300 animated and still displays. You stay in your car and drive through it.
- At 99th Avenue and Loop 101 (at Thomas).
- Tickets: Passenger vehicles are $15 per vehicle Monday through Thursday; $20 per vehicle Friday through Sunday
November 25 through January 14, 2012 from 6 to 10 p.m. Historic Downtown Glendale comes to life each holiday season with about 1.5 million multi-colored twinkling holiday lights located throughout a twelve-block area that includes the Old Towne and Catlin Court Districts. There is no cost to walk or drive around the area.
- Free shuttles will run from the Glendale Community College parking lot, at 59th and Olive Avenues, between 4 and 10:30 p.m.
- This is a FREE event.
Las Noches de las Luminarias:
December 1 through 30, 2011. Each year during the holiday season the Desert Botanical Garden lines the paths of this extraordinary desert garden with thousands of luminarias. Food and beverage are available, live entertainment. A quiet, charming, romantic event, not necessarily for the kids. Desert Botanical Garden, Phoenix. This is a ticketed event, advance reservations suggested.
- Desert Botanical Garden is located at 1201 North Galvin Parkway. It is on the southeast corner of 64th Street and McDowell Road.
- How do I get tickets for Las Noches de las Luminarias?
1. Call 480-481-8188
2. Online at Desert Botanical Garden
3. Visit the Garden’s Admissions Booth from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily