The holiday season can be very stressful for guys on many levels – especially when it comes to gift giving.
What to buy for your wife or girlfriend is a big source of anxiety. Guys are concerned about how much money to spend on the gift, what kind of message their gift may be sending and whether or not she’ll like it — among many other factors.
Guys have to be extremely careful with what they pick out. That’s where we come in.
- Workout Equipment — You may have the best of intentions, but she’ll take it to mean that you think she’s fat.
- Any Kitchen Appliance — Again, you’re sending the wrong message here.
- A Pet — Guys think that giving their girl a cute little puppy is exactly what they want, but with it comes a ton of responsibility that they weren’t really looking for.
- Stuffed Animals — Girls liked them when they were six.
- Clothes — A definite no-no. You’ll mess up the size or just get her something she hates. If you MUST buy lingerie, see my other post on how to make sure she’ll like it!
- Gift Certificates — Sure, she’ll use it, but it will just make you look clueless and lame.
Here’s a few things that KOOL Listeners have received over the years…