CANDY OVERLOAD: What To Do With Leftover Halloween Candy
November 1, 2011 5:00 AM
Halloween is heavenly for chocoholics and anyone with a sweet tooth. But what do you do when you have WAY more leftover candy than you expected?
- Melt bite-size or mini candy bars (like mini Snickers) in a pan. Then drizzle on top of ice cream, yogurt or sliced fruit. Or pour a bit into your coffee or hot chocolate.
- Stir mini candies (like M&M’s or Skittles) into the mix for colorful Rice Krispie treats.
- Make chocolate chip cookies with chopped-up candy bars instead of regular chips. Peanut butter candies like Reese’s or crunchies like Butterfinger work great.
- Dip pretzels in melted chocolate and roll in crushed candy (like toffee … yum!).
- Combine ice cream, milk and your favorite chopped-up candy bar in the blender for a sinfully good milkshake!
Do you have any other ideas?