Top 13 Halloween Songs & Videos

halloween haunted house Top 13 Halloween Songs & Videos

I originally posted these videos a couple weeks ago.  You gave a LOT of feedback!  Some agreed with my choices.  Some…not so much.  But, it definitely stirred up some conversation.  So, here again, are my top 13 picks for your Halloween soundtrack.  (Yes, I picked 13 on purpose.)  This ought to scare the bejeezus out of those kids!  Maybe they’ll drop their candy.  More for you😉

Let me know if you agree or disagree with my choices.  Oh, and feel free to add YOUR faves in the comment section.

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mike Oldfield[/lastfm] – “Tubular Bells” (Exorcist Theme)

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ray Parker Jr.[/lastfm] – “Ghostbusters”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Warren Zevon[/lastfm] – “Werewolves Of London”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bobby ‘Boris’ Pickett[/lastfm] – “Monster Mash” (with LEGOS!!!)

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Rocky Horror Picture Show[/lastfm] – “The Time Warp”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Sheb Wooley[/lastfm] – “Purple People Eater”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Santana[/lastfm] – “Black Magic Woman”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Fifth Estate[/lastfm] – “Ding Dong (The Witch Is Dead)”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Curtis Mayfield[/lastfm] – “Freddie’s Dead”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Edgar Winter Group[/lastfm] – “Frankenstein”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]David Seville & The Chipmunks[/lastfm] – “Witch Doctor”

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Blue Oyster Cult[/lastfm] – “Don’t Fear The Reaper”

Last, but not least, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Jackson[/lastfm] – “Thriller”

1. David Davenport says:

Love this list! I would also suggest “Welcome to My Nightmare” and “School’s Out” from Alice Cooper. “Hotel California” from the Eagles. “Angie Baby” from Helen Reddy. “99 Luftbaloons” from Nena. “1999” from Prince. and “Don’t Worry Be Happy” from Bobbie Mc Fadden only because that song scares me when that dead fish sings it at the store. LOL

1. Hey David – wanna help me put the Top 6 @ 6 lists together – you’re good! – Steve

1. David Davenport says:

LOL. Call me man! I would be more than willing to help anytime. I’d do it for free too, it was fun!

2. Don’t be surprised!!! – Steve

2. Those are some interesting choices. Not sure I can get behind Nena or Prince. But, Bobby McFerrin is definitely terrifying😉 Thanks, dude!

1. David Davenport says:

Well, no one should get behind Prince or have Prince get behind them. LOL Glad we think alike about the Bobby McFerrin song.🙂

2. But, to have Robin Williams in your video…that’s pretty KOOL!

2. Gary of Glendale (Dash) says:

Wait a minute. No “I Put a Spell On You” by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins? Or even the CCR version? What about “Season of the Witch” by Donovan? Blood, Sweat & Tears “Lucretia MacEvil” or Classics 4 “Spooky” for crying out loud? Or the Doors “Riders on the Storm”, Cher “Dark Lady”, Jim Stafford’s “Spider & Snakes” or his lesser known “Swamp Witch”? Charlie Daniel’s Band did a song called “Legend of Wooley Swamp” that should be considered or The Crazy World of Arthur Brown’s “FIRE”. “Bloody Well Right” by Supertramp or Cliff Richard’s “Devil Woman” or the “Black Water” of the Doobie Brothers. There are alot of songs that belong on the list. I just don’t think yours are necessarily the “TOP” songs.

1. Gary- Those are just MY top 13 picks. Yours look pretty good, too! You know the old saying, “results may vary.” But, hey…it got you to read and comment. Some great listener interaction is happening here…and that’s what I love! Thanks, bud🙂

1. Gary says:

What about Tom & Maria or Steve Goddard? Are they going to put together a list? It would be fun to see the differences all of you can come up with.

2. Gary –
        I have a big list coming next week. In the meantime, check out the bizarre Halloween photos I just posted. It’s like nothing you’ve ever seen – or imagined! – Steve

3. Stu says:

(The original) Gene Simmons . . . Haunted House . . . Ain’t no haint gonna run me off!

1. That one is DEFINITELY in our stash for Monday.