New ‘Duets’ Album From Tony Bennett, Feat. Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood and More!
Duets II marks [lastfm]Tony Bennett[/lastfm]‘s 60th album. That’s more than most musicians will ever record in their lifetime, and probably a larger number than the combined ages of his guests. (O.K., that is a slight exaggeration.) [lastfm]Amy Winehouse[/lastfm] gives the best performance of the bunch – watch a video of her and Tony performing “Body and Soul,” and scope the rest of the tracklist, after the jump.
A timely video after an untimely passing, “Body and Soul” demonstrates what makes a second duets album with [lastfm]Tony Bennett[/lastfm] so magical: singers of a generation twice past Tony are every much in love with the man, his voice, and his songs, as artists from the 60s. 80’s, and early 00’s. Tony is an inimitable person, beyond performer; this updated Duets album proves that his legacy will continue far beyond this 60th release.
1. Andrea Bocelli, ‘Stranger In Paradise’
2. Michael Bublé, ‘I Wanna Be Around’
3. Mariah Carey, ‘When Do The Bells Ring For Me’
4. Natalie Cole, ‘Watch What Happens’
5. Sheryl Crow, ‘The Girl I Love’
6. Aretha Franklin, ‘How Do You Keep The Music Playing’
7. Josh Groban, ‘This Is All I Ask’
8. Faith Hill, ‘The Way You Look Tonight’
9. Norah Jones, ‘Speak Tonight’
10. Lady Gaga, ‘The Lady Is a Tramp’
11. K.D. Lang, ‘Blue Velvet’
12. John Mayer, ‘One For My Baby (And One More For The Road’
13. Willie Nelson, ‘On The Sunny Side of the Street’
14. Queen Latifah, ‘Who Can I Turn To’
15. Alejandro Sanz, ‘Yesterday I Heard the Rain’
16. Carrie Underwood, ‘It Had to Be You’
17. Amy Winehouse, ‘Body and Soul’