Thanks to Doug Nintzel and the folks at A.D.O.T., here’s a list of the things you need to keep in mind when driving around on Valley freeway’s this weekend…
- Eastbound Loop 101 closed between Seventh Avenue and Tatum Boulevard in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for rubberized asphalt paving. DETOUR: Traffic will exit at Seventh Avenue and use the Beardsley frontage road to Cave Creek Road, then go south to Union Hills Drive and travel east to State Route 51 to access eastbound Loop 101. Interstate 17 ramps to eastbound Loop 101 also closed. DETOUR: Traffic can exit at Union Hills Drive and travel east to State Route 51 to access eastbound Loop 101. For additional weekend restrictions on this project, visit www.ValleyFreeways.com/OtherRestrictions.
- Eastbound Loop 202/Pecos Road closed between Interstate 10 and Price Road in Chandler from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for sign work. On-ramps to eastbound Loop 202 from I-10 and Kyrene Road also closed. DETOUR: Use eastboundChandler Boulevard toPrice Road. FromPecos Road, use westbound I-10 to eastboundRay Road.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between Interstate 17 and Seventh Street from 9:30 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 13) for tunnel maintenance. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including I-17 through the Durango Curve orMcDowell Road.
- Southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound Loop 202 in Chandler closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 14) for paving and painting. DETOUR: Use Frye Road toDobson Road to access eastboundLoop 202.
- Southbound Loop 101 narrowed to one lane between Glendale Avenue and Bethany Home Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for installation of temporary concrete barrier. Southbound on-ramp at Glendale Avenue and southbound off-ramp at Bethany Home Road closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes. Please allow extra travel time and use caution in work zones.
- Northbound Loop 101 off-ramp at Bell Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 15) for ramp construction. Eastbound Bell Road narrowed to two lanes at Loop 101. DETOUR:Use Thunderbird Road orUnion Hills Drive.