Much like last year, rumors have been spreading fast and furious that the [lastfm]Rolling Stones[/lastfm] accepted $5 million to headline the 2011 Coachella Music Festival in Indio, CA. The band’s publicist has responded.
Sadly…nope. It’s not happening.
(Courtesy of RTTNews)
Representatives for the Rolling Stones have shut down rumors that the band will headline next year’s Coachella Music Festival.
The rumor first popped up on HitsDailyDouble.com, where anonymous sources said the rock legends had accepted $5 million to perform at the event. When asked by Examiner.com about the rumor, the band’s publicist said: “To the best of my knowledge, the rumor is not true.”
This is not the first time the Stones have been linked to the summer fest, as they were also rumored for an appearance in 2010. Next year’s Coachella Music festival will take place April 15 through April 17 in Indio, California.
And though Stones fans may miss the group at Coachella next year, the band will be featured this Thanksgiving holiday on VH1, VH1 Classic, and Palladia. The three networks will show a selection of Rolling Stones documentaries for three days starting on November 24.