Save Bucks At Starbucks
September 27, 2010 10:18 AM
Sure, the recession “supposedly” ended in June of 2009. But, try telling that to your wallet! Every penny counts, and I may be able to save you quite a few. Here are FIVE ways to save money at Starbucks. (Is that possible???)
- Take advantage of their refill policies. If you keep your Starbucks cup, you can get a coffee refill anytime for 50 cents. If you bring in your own reusable cup, you get 10 cents off. And if you bring a big one, sometimes some extra coffee.
- Get a Starbucks card. Using their rewards card, you end up with plenty of free drinks and refills.
- Make a “poor man’s latte.” Instead of ordering a latte, go SUPER ghetto and order an espresso over ice in a large cup. Then go over to their “condiments” station and fill the rest of the cup up with their free milk.
- Don’t order the bananas or bagels. The pastries at Starbucks are pretty good and fairly priced. But the bananas are more expensive than ones you’d get at a grocery store, and the bagels are known to be fairly low quality.
- Make your own iced drink. When you order an iced drink, you get a lot less actual coffee or tea because the ice takes up so much space. For a better value, you can order a hot drink . . . then order a cup with ice, and pour in your drink.