Have you been contemplating asking your boss for a raise? If not, you will now! The cast of MTV‘s Jersey Shore renegotiated their contracts this year. While I find myself strangely fascinated by the show, these numbers nearly made me physically ill.
Last season, their salaries were between $5,000 to $10,000 an episode. This year, that was raised to $25,000 an episode. Do the math. That’s about $300,000 each per season. Us Magazine gives us some more details…
- MIKE “THE SITUATION” SORRENTINO will earn $100,000 for “Dancing with the Stars.” Plus appearance fees, his cologne, a fitness DVD and a handful of endorsement deals. He could be looking at $5 MILLION by the end of the year!
- SNOOKI charges $20,000 to “walk an event’s red carpet,” and has hair products and a book in the pipeline.
- J-WOWW has a fashion line on the side.
- DJ PAULY D charges $20,000 to play your event.
- RONNIE will host your party for between “$12,000 and $20,000.” If he sells his drink “Ron-Ron Juice,” that’s even more $$$.
- VINNY will make club appearances for $6,000-an-HOUR! Plus, he’s working on a song.
- ANGELINA “only” asks for $5,000 per appearance, but is also working on an “accessories line.”
- SAMMI demands $15,000 per appearance, and is developing “beauty and fitness products.”
I don’t know about you, but I make $6.50 an hour and all the music I can stand ;-)