Think about how many times you’ve called customer service or tech support. I am willing to bet you’ve been put on hold EVERY time! If your experience is anything like mine, that’s not a quick process. I’ve been on hold for 30+ minutes! Can you estimate how many minutes of your life have been spent waiting on hold? You can’t hang up because you NEED their help! Wouldn’t it be great if there was a system that let you BYPASS that process? There IS!!! Read on..
Meet LucyPhone. This is a new service that launched in March. It connects you with your service hotline, then alerts you when they FINALLY take you off of hold! Here’s how it works:
- Log into www.LucyPhone.com.
- Type the customer service number.
- Type your phone number.
- ‘Lucy calls the number, then calls to patch you in.
- You navigate through the phone menu to the option you need.
- When you are put on hold, Lucy let’s you hang up.
- When a LIVE operator gets on line, Lucy immediately calls back and connects you.
There IS a catch, though. The service rep actualy gets a recorded message telling them to pess 1 to connect with YOU. (Nice to turn the tables, right?) Of course, there’s always the risk that they will simply hang up. But, so far, less than 10% of LucyPhone users have had an agent hang up on them. When it does happen, they tell users to bombard companies on Twitter, so that they’ll be cool with the concept.
Thank you for calling. Goodbye!